Please Sign In

New To Sportsman Network?

5 day Dularge Report

Site Sponsor
Day one with Alton Braud and crew had the winds up again. We stayed protected and redfished. We got on a good early run on gold spoons, then our bite went cold. We moved and moved searching soaking shrimp under Four Horsemen Tackle corks with no luck. We switched back to spoons adding a couple fish before calling it quits.

Day two for my crew had them slamming the specks fast and Furious. We had the big specks coming in every cast on double rigged Matrix Shad. Our last fish hit the ice at 7:45, best trout trip of the summer so far!! Since it was so early we stopped to redfish for a while on the way in. We fished some really nice ponds I’ve never fished in before, but no bites. With the heat rising and my crew not that mad at the reds, they threw in the towel.

Ben Ratcliff was back with me with his family. With the winds blowing 25-30 mph, it made for a tough day. We started out soaking crabs on bottom for reds with no luck. One big nasty drum was to be found. We moved deep into the marsh and found some bass and one lonely red fish. We tried shrimp under a cork and went back to soaking crabs with no luck. With the wind machine pumping and almost 3 foot seas in the lake, we took it to the dock around lunch time. Day 2 was cancelled

Scotty Muller with Gaiennie Lumber was back again with another big crew. Shawn P did his thing and everyone ate like Kings!! We hit the trout grounds early to find the trout chasing shrimp again! It wasn’t a fast and Furious bite like the day before, they wanted it slow on the bottom. We picked away all morning and ended with a solid box of 91 trout all caught on double rigged Matrix Shad. Great time as always with these guys. Big thanks to Capt Lonnie Barr and Capt Kevin Labat for running the two other boats.

Good customer and friend John Doucet was back onboard the 24 Purebay today. Our first stop had the reds coming in quick for the first 20 minutes then the bite shut down. We moved and moved sight casting to reds that wouldn’t bite. After a very slow lull, we found more willing to bite. Sure was exciting seeing the reds clear as day and casting to them watching some follow the spoon, hit the spoon, or hit the spoon and spit it. Definitely was a finicky bite today, but we stuck it out and got their limit. We hooked 26 reds keeping 15. Always a pleasure fishing with John the “Red Fish Slayer”!!!

Capt Marty LaCoste